Dr. Jennifer Ashton (IG: @drjashton) is the two-time Emmy Award Winning Chief Medical Correspondent for ABC News and Good Morning America. A popular guest speaker and moderator, she is among the leading voices in the country on Women’s Health, and the only doctor with a national television platform who is also a nutritionist and double board certified in Ob-GYN and Obesity Medicine.
Today we’re discussing Jen’s latest book, The Self-Care Solution.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How dry January led Jen to a year of monthly wellness challenges
- The power of connection and community
- Accountability helps you stay on track
- Perfection is not the goal, it’s all about the process
- Eating sugar makes you want more sugar
- How to quit sugar
- Build self-care into each day
- What is transcendental meditation (TM)?
- The benefits of a daily meditation practice
- Caffeine dehydrates your body, drink water
- How to drink more water each day
- The importance of laughter
- Reconnect with your inner child
- Children teach parents so much
- Being mindful of your technology use
- Tracking your sleep
- You have to make yourself a priority
- Time to re-evaluate your habits
Organifi <== 20% off all Organifi products
Beekeeper’s Naturals <== 15% off all Beekeeper’s Naturals products (free shipping on orders $60 or more)
Sunwarrior <== 20% off all Sunwarrior products & free shipping over $50 (US only)