Meik Wiking (IG: @meikwiking) is the CEO of The Happiness Research Institute.
He’s a New York Times bestselling author and has written several books and reports on happiness, subjective well-being, and quality of life. Meik’s books have sold over 1 million copies worldwide.
He’s is a frequent speaker at a variety of conferences and seminars on happiness around the world.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Influencing your memories
- Balance positive memories vs. negative memories
- What were my happiest moments in life?
- Remembering events through association
- How your 5 senses help you retrieve memories
- Attention is the foundation for memory
- Using scent as a memory trigger
- Staying present in the moment
- Establishing healthier habits around smartphones
- Photographing your everyday life
- Be Marie Kondo’s arch enemy
- Curating the happy hundred
- Harnessing the power of firsts
- What is the Apollo Picnic?
- Using the emotional highlighter pen
- The impact of sharing embarrassing stories
- Storytelling helps solidify our memories
- The peak-end effect
- Ending on a high note
- The Mandela effect
- Plan and create a memorable year ahead
Host: Mohd Fauzan Mat Noor
Facebook Profile: https://www.facebook.com/fauzan.matnoor
Follow Our Podcasts:
Podcasts Page: https://mrbagaimana.com/portfolio/
Podcasts Blog: https://mrbagaimana.com/category/podcasts/
Mr Bagaimana Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linked In, Pocket, Path, Pinterest, Tumbler