Dr. David Perlmutter (IG: @davidperlmutter) is a Board-Certified Neurologist and Fellow of the American College of Nutrition. After completing residency training in Neurology, he entered private practice in Naples, Florida where he serves as Medical Director of the Perlmutter Health Center and the Perlmutter Hyperbaric Center.
Dr. Perlmutter is the recipient of numerous awards and has been interviewed on many nationally syndicated radio and television programs including 20/20, Larry King Live, CNN, The Oprah Show, and The Dr. Oz Show.
In this episode we’re discussing his new book Brain Wash, which was released today.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Stress and lack of sleep
- The connection between the pre-fontal cortex and the amygdala
- The Western diet = inflammation
- The story of Phineas Gage
- Does your digital experience pass the test of T.I.M.E.?
- What is disconnection syndrome?
- Social media isolates us
- Make time to interact with people
- 2 types of empathy
- The opposite of empathy is narcissism
- The positive health benefits of being in nature
- Dr. Perlmutter’s 20 minute a day meditation practice
- Detox your mind in 10 days
- Make daily meditation a priority
- Anyone can rewire their brain
- Inflammation is caused by diet, lack of sleep, lack of exercise, and stress
- The benefits of the Oura Ring
- What is time restricted eating?
- Ultimate health = being content
Follow Our Podcasts:
Podcasts Page: https://mrbagaimana.com/portfolio/
Podcasts Blog: https://mrbagaimana.com/category/podcasts/
Mr Bagaimana Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linked In, Pocket, Path, Pinterest, Tumbler