The Washington Post called Dr. Daniel Amen (IG: @doc_amen) the most popular psychiatrist in America and Discover Magazine listed his brain imaging research as the top neuroscience story for 2015. He is a double board-certified psychiatrist and ten-time NY Times bestselling author.
Dr. Amen is the founder of Amen Clinics, which has 8 locations across the United States.
He has also hosted 14 national public television shows about the brain, which have aired over 100,000 times across North America.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Lessons Dr. Amen learned from his pet raccoon
- Learn how to study
- Once you learn something, teach other people
- Don’t spend time with people who limit your ability to succeed
- Your brain is always listening to what you feed it
- What are automatic negative thoughts (ANTs)?
- Today is going to be a great day!
- Change yourself first
- Setting up an ideal study environment
- Tips for eliminating distractions
- Too much screen time impacts mental health
- Listening to brain directed music to help you focus
- Be the scientist and the subject
- Essential oils that enhance studying
- 3 types of memory
- The role of the hippocampus
- Make sleep a priority
- Start loving yourself
- Omega-3 supplements breakdown
- EPA is important for mood, ADD, and focus
- Ideas to promote quality sleep
- Bright light therapy in the morning improves mood & energy
- Using hypnotherapy to aid sleep
- Meditate or pray at bedtime to relax your mind
- How to overcome the fear of public speaking
- The 18-40-60 Rule
- Caffeine has a negative impact on your brain
- Your brain is 80% water, it needs to stay hydrated
- The world’s best brain game
- Contact sports and concussions
Follow Podcasts Kami:
Podcasts Blog: https://mrbagaimana.com/category/podcasts/
Media Sosial Mr Bagaimana: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linked In, Pocket, Path, Pinterest, Tumbler